Arduino kits are compatible with up to four different programming languages. If you have a specific language you want your kids to learn, then you can select a kit with that programming language.
The idea behind Arduino kits is to provide kids with the perfect tools for them to create amazing projects. Using the kits, they can invent more project ideas and build amazing things, gradually build a career in STEM and learn to solve real-world problems.
Arduino kits are important because they help decode the concept of programming and electronics for kids. With Arduino kits, kids can engage in numerous projects. The best Arduino simple and awesome projects include Arduino fingerprint door lock, Arduino Uno Handheld Game Console, Arduino Robot Car, Arduino Universal Remote Control, and many more.
We have put together the top 5 Arduino kits for your kids to learn all about electronics, robotics, engineering, and coding.
ELEGOO Mega 2560
This is one of the best Arduino affordable kits for kids. It is great for both beginners and other learners who have some experience with robotics and coding. The kit can be easily maintained, as it comes with a small protection box to keep all widgets safe and secure. Elegoo Mega 2560 is of premium quality with LCD 1602 module and gy-521 sensor module. The sensor module also comes with a pin header, so you don’t have to fasten it manually.
Other benefits of this kit include a free compilation of pdf tutorials on a CD, which contains over 35 lessons on how to code and create several projects with the kit. In addition, the Elegoo Mega 2560 is highly compatible with Arduino IDE, and kids can use existing Arduino codes for projects. It is also great for parents to learn Arduino with their kids and have fun with them.
- The MEGA complete starter kit with more than 200pcs components, premium quality and 100% Compatible with Arduino IDE
- Free pdf tutorial in the cd (33 lessons)
- Lcd1602 module and gy-521 sensor module with pin header ( no need to solder by yourself)
Arduino Starter Kit
The Arduino Starter kit is highly recommended for kids and other learners who are just getting started with Arduino. Kids can learn all about circuits and electricity, as well as how to code in Arduino programming. The kit can be used to make up to 15 fun projects, including a mood cue- a clue for your friends to how you are doing, a touchy feel lamp- a lamp that responds to touch, a spaceship interface design the control panel for your starship, a knock lock- discover the secret code to open the door, and many more.
With the 170-page handbook for learners, kids can confidently use the starter kit to learn and create amazing ideas beyond the conventional projects designed for the kit.
- Includes The Only Official Arduino Starter Kit From Arduino, The Best Selling Book From Make Magazine: Getting Started with Arduino: The Open Source Electronics Prototyping Platform and a Handy Uno R3 PIN-OUT Chart from Speed Kits
- Includes Book, Make: Getting Started with Arduino: The Open Source Electronics Prototyping Platform Paperback
- Includes components for 15 projects
Rexqualis Uno Project Kit
The RexQualis UNO project kit is an Arduino affordable kit based on Arduino R3. This kit is perfect for beginners, and it comes with a free pdf tutorial, a DVD project guide, and a datasheet. It also includes a 9V 1A plug-in power supply and high-quality baseboard.
Other features of the kit include remote control, joystick, a UNO R3 board, an ultrasonic sensor, a servo module, a temperature and humidity module, a breadboard, an IR receiver, and protective packaging. The tools are packaged and labeled individually in a secure box, and everything is placed in a spacious kit.
Unlike other starter kits, the RexQuails kit has more advanced tools which make it complex to use. It is, however, one of the best Arduino kits for kids to learn robotics, automation, and programming.
- The most economical kit comes with everything compatible with Arduino to starting programming for beginners .
- This is the upgraded starter kits come with a 9V 1A Power Adapter (At least $5.99 on amazon) to replace a 9V Battery , and the Lcd1602 module come with pin header(not need to be soldered by yourself).
- Include High Quality Base Board base on Arduino UNO R3 compatible with Arduino IED and Sensors, Servo, Motor, ULN2003 driver board, lcds, etc.
Makeblock Mbot Ultimate Robot Kit
It is no news that kids are fascinated with the idea of robotics, so having a robot they can build from scratch and control is pure bliss! The MakeBlock mBot Ultimate robot kit contains four motor drivers, a high-power output, and screwdrivers for building and disassembling the robots, etc.
Using either Arduino or Python programming, kids can build up to 10 different robots with the kit. In addition, the mBot ultimate robot kit can be programmed in two ways: using the Arduino-compatible controller or controlled wirelessly using a mobile device’s Bluetooth. Both ways are effective and kids can learn conveniently using the two.
Kids will be properly grounded in robotics, graphics, programming, and electronics. The mBot ultimate robot is easy to learn, and kids can begin to assemble the robots within minutes after they have honed their skills.
Gar Arduino Monster Starter Kit
This monster starter robotics kit is currently the second biggest Arduino starter kit for kids. This kit includes advanced tools for learning the core rudiments of robotics and electronics. It is also suitable for complete beginners and advanced learners.
Some of the components of the monster starter kit are five main boards totally compatible with Arduino UNO R3, Mega 2560, Bluetooth, Wifi, and Nano V3. A free pdf guide and links to tutorials are also attached. Kids can learn how to build amazing projects like an impact switch, a servo and stepper motor, a card reader, a real-time clock, and an ultrasonic sensor, among others.
- Advancing the development of robotics technology w/ Earth's 2nd biggest & most advanced starter kit for Arduino. 65+ pieces w/ FIVE main boards: 100% Arduino-compatible Uno R3, Mega 2560, Nano V3, ESP32 WiFi+Bluetooth and ESP8266 NodeMCU development platforms
- Explore programming electronics with all of the most common sensors and modules in Arduino like RFID Card-Key Reader, Ultrasonic Sensor, Real Time Clock, Impact Switch, 3-Axis Accelerometer, LCD, Relay, Servo and Stepper Motor - suitable for beginner or advanced users
- Build wireless IoT Automation projects with ESP32 Development Board, HC-05 Bluetooth Module, ESP8266 Wi-Fi Module, 2x NRF24L01 Wireless Transceivers and the W5100 Ethernet Shield
Frequently Asked Questions
Arduino starter kits are completely easy and fun for kids. There are free guides and tutorials for each kit, so kids can easily understand the purpose of each tool and how to use them. Parents can also learn with their kids and have fun with them!
Note, however, that the kits vary in scope and complexity, so parents need to find the easiest Arduino kits suitable for their kids.
Arduino kits are designed with kids in mind, and they are perfectly suitable for young kids. Kids aged 7 and above can use Arduino kits.
I hope this helped you choose the right Arduino kit for your kid who is getting into the world of coding and robotics. Shop some of the best robotic kits here!
More Inspiration for Robotics for Kids
- Easy Robotics Projects for Kids
- Why Kids Should Learn Robotics
- Robotics for Elementary School Students
- Robotics for Middle School Students
- Robotics for High School Students
- Programmable Robots for Kids
- Arduino Kits and Robots for Kids
- Robotics Toys to Teach Kids Coding
- Top Raspberry Pi Projects for Kids
- Overview of Raspberry Pi for Kids
- Choosing Best Arduino Kits for Students
- Raspberry Pi vs Arduino for Kids - Overview and Comparison Guide
- Getting Started Guide for Arduinos for Kids
- AWS DeepRacer for Kids
- Robotic Platforms for Kids
- Show and Tell Ideas with Robotics for Kids