JavasScript is one of the best programming languages to teach kids. Choosing a programming language for your kids is never an easy task. All programming languages are teachable to kids, and while some are easier than others, they all perform distinct but unique tasks- teach programming to kids.
A script is a set of step-by-step guides or rules that guides a programmer at each point in time.
A keyword, generally, is a targeted word or phrase in a field. In coding, keywords are words that have existing or pre-assigned meanings.
These serve as a form of a storage system in coding that stores words or numbers. Variables can either be a name, type or value.
In coding, the ‘if…then” statements are used to test the accuracy of the program. For instance, ‘if’ one clicks on the A alphabet, ‘then’ the A alphabet should pop on the screen.
If Else Statements
The ‘else…if” statement comes into play when the ‘if…when’ statement fails. For instance, if the A alphabet does not pop on the screen as instructed, the error icon should be displayed. For the else…if statements, the programmer sets the rules and alternatives of their codes.
Loops run on true/false conditions. The computer or device will keep repeating a block of codes while the condition is true.
Parameters are like factors or situations. Programmers provide parameters- information about the codes- that affects how the program functions.
Creating Alerts and Buttons
Magic 8 Ball
With loops, kids get to create gaming characters using projectiles. Their characters run around the game shooting projectiles at enemies. These enemies spring up randomly at different levels of the game, and the higher a player goes, the more the enemies that spawn, and the more difficult it is to hunt them down.
Generating Random Numbers
- Exercise patience with them. Programming is a whole new topic different from what kids are taught in school. They need time to adjust to it, hence, parents should endeavor to encourage and support them every step of the way. Remember, the satisfaction in learning how to code lies in the process rather than the results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Programming for kids is now a necessity, and parents need to equip their kids with the STEM skills. Programming is not limited to learning how to code alone; kids can also acquire other skills from coding, including computational skills, problem-solviß√ng, creative thinking, analytical skills, robotics, critical thinking, and many others.
Related Reading About Teaching Kids Coding
- Easiest Coding Language to Teach Kids
- Best Platforms to Teach Kids Coding
- 11 Reasons to Teach Kids How to Code
- Explain Coding to Kids
- Develop Kids Interest in Coding
- Mobile App for Kids to Learn Coding and Programming
- Tips for Parents to Teach Kids How to Code
- Teach Kids How to Learn Coding without a Computer
- STEM Coding Ideas for Kid's Science Projects
- Teach Kids How to Program and Code an Alexa Skill
- Raspberry Pi for Kids - Overview Guide
- Top 10 Project Ideas with Rapsberry Pi for Kids
- Learn Coding with Edison Robots
- Why to Not Teach Kids Coding (Disadvantages)
- How to Teach App Development to Kids
- Best Beginner Projects for Kids Learning to Code
- Coding Information and Resources to Teach Kids Computer Science
- Coding Projects with LEGO
- Computer Science, Coding, and Programming Micro Degrees
- Virtual Camps for Kids Online - Bootcamp and Progressive Learning
- Explaining Computer Engineering for Kids
- Tips for Parents to Teach Coding
- Challenges to Teaching Coding to Kids
- Computer Algorithms Explained to Kids